Wednesday 5 September 2012

Stuck in the Moment - Concept Photography

Before you read any of this and think that I'm incredibly creative because of this, don't! This idea was inspired by Dear Photograph, and not my own idea. I take no credit for the concept, But I take full credit for the pictures taken. That being said, please read on!

  Today I decided to do my own 'Dear Photographs" My mom is a photographer, so shortage of photos is not a problem in my house. After looking through multiple photo albums, and picking my favourite photos from around my house, I went outside to do some shooting. The idea of 'Dear Photograph' is to find memory filled photos from long ago, and to bring them to the exact location of where they were taken, years and years before. The result is something amazingly nostalgic and beautiful.



See, the special thing about photography is represented perfect for me in this project. Memories caught on film never, ever change. The same smile you had on your face the first time you went to the fair, the bloody knees from falling off your two-wheeled bike, your childhood friends that had long moved away, they are all saved in print. No matter how much the world around us changes, whether it be deaths or disaster, photos will alway be able to bring us back to the exact moment when we were so incredibly happy. This thought is what inspires me to be a photographer, knowing that I can capture moments for people, and save those memories for the future them to look back on. Just thinking that I have the power to do that for someone makes me giddy. Remembering moments in time is so special. No matter how long ago, or how far away it may have happened, the moments can be brought back with a single glimpse of a photo. 







Words cannot express how passionate I am about this. I encourage you to go out and make memories! Document these memories and put them in a book. Share your experiences with others. Make yourself as happy as the people in the photos are from years ago. Never forget even the little things in life. Those are the things that make us who we are. 

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Sierra Nickel

No comments:

Post a Comment